Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow Vs Maybelline Color Tattoo

Left : Benefit, Right : Maybelline

Hi All,

Recently I purchased some of the Maybelline Color Tattoo's and thought to my self hmmm the colour 15 Audacious Asphalt looks very similar to the Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Strut, I wonder if its a dupe?

As you can see from the picture above the colour is close but not exact. One seems more purple and the other more goldish. Also The Benefit is way way way more creamier and opaque. I also found that I needed to use a lot more effort to get the Maybelline on my hand as opposed to the Benefit. In saying that, after letting them both sit for a bit, the Benefit one smudged when I rubbed it and the Maybelline stayed put. The Benefit retails US$19.00 to which you get 4.5g of product.The Maybelline retails for AU$12.00 and you get 4g of product. Its a bit of a hard one on which one I would choose. The Benefit has a better product to work with, however the Maybelline stays put. The price between the two are if you add up shipping for one, and Travel for the other, one is still a little more expensive but still pretty close. I think in future I will most likely purchase the Benefit Creaseless Creams as I think they are a slightly better product, I think I also prefer the colour range that is available ( there are only 10 shades of the Maybelline's available in Aust) As for staying power of the colours, It does stay, not as well as the Maybelline, however still sufficient.

I have only compared one colour here as I was not really looking for a dupe or anything I just wanted to see how it stacked up against another brands cream eye shadow. These results may very based on different brands colours etc. This is just my opinion on what I have.

ON OTHER NEWS: Just looking at the Benefit's website Boi-ing their famous concealer has been released in more then 3 shades. Last times I bought this product there was Fair, Medium and Dark thats it! Now there is 5 Shades! Well done Benefit! Catering to us masses and our different tones. I am still No 2. Medium.

Ohh and please dont think I am a Benefit Junkie or something, for a while Benefit suited my own sense of style, so I kinds overloaded on it. Fast Forward to a week ago an its Bourjois just cause they are fitting in my lifestyle. The month before that it was Bobbi Brown and before that Laura Mercier. I have moments.

I have recently filmed a Haul Vid, which I will upload soon so please keep your eyes out for that one. I did quiet A LOT of make up shopping today and am kinda dreading when it arrives as I may get in trouble for spending too much money but meh! I needed it :D hahahahah Don't we all say that???

I hope your happy and healthy out there! And remember to stay your beautiful self!

XXX Loz

No comments:

Post a Comment